Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Scrap-ghan


Posted by Picasa
This is a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn from other projects, while trying out different granny square patterns.  To pull it together, I connected all the squares with white yarn and single crochet. This picture was taken before adding about a 2 inch wide ruffly border - comprised of a few single crochet rows and ruffles made by chaining 5, then slip stitch to the single crochet, repeat. Easy and pretty!

The bottom picture shows another scrap-ghan, complete with ruffly border. I love incorporating 3-dimensional squares like the flowers, and textural elements like popcorn stitch.

Both of these blankets were donated to children in poverty here in Toledo, via Love Squared.

4 comments:

  1. just fabulous and I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind sharing patterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - I made all of these squares a year ago, and donated the blankets for homeless kids. I don't remember which patterns I used. I know most were random free patterns on Ravelry, but a few were from the book 200 Crochet Blocks, by Jan Eaton. I simply wanted to try out a bunch of different squares and use up leftover yarn. Any patterns you like will work for a project like this! Next time I make one, I'll keep better track and post the patterns.

      Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

      Delete