Monday, February 4, 2013

Hello Kitty!

What have you been working on?  I've got 18 of these in progress.  Faces will be added at the end. For the pattern, go here.  Made by K provides an excellent tutorial for making Hello Kitty squares, as part of a scarf project (which I made a few months ago.)

To get 8 inch squares, I added an extra "granny" row, and either a row of single or half double crochet, depending on the yarn. Some of this yarn is Red Heart, which required the single crochet edge, while the I Love This Yarn needed a half double crochet edge to make the same size.

To make her bow, I made rectangles of single crochet... 4 rows of 12 sc. Leave long ends to weave into the center, wrap around for the middle of the bow, and tie off at the back. Stitch into place.


Here's a picture of the scarf I made for my niece. 

5 comments:

  1. are you going to share your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous! The link has been added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, Elizabeth! I'm glad you left the link to here on the pattern page. Are you making a blanket now? I love the surrounding colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karin, These squares will be donated to Love Squared, and added to other donated squares to make blankets for homeless children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karin - I just realized that you are Made by K! Thanks for stopping by! Funny thing, I made the scarf to test the pattern for my college daughter. She is relatively new to crochet, and was nervous about following a pattern, but wanted to make scarves for the twin 4 yr old girls she babysits, for their Christmas gifts. The pattern was easy - although you do have to pay attention as you go - and it works up quickly. Thanks for sharing it on your site!

    ReplyDelete