Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Let the Granny Patch Begin!

In the real world, I run an emergency shelter for homeless families.  It's rewarding and challenging work. A wonderful man has offered to host a fundraiser for us, complete with silent auction, and he says I don't have to do a thing to help.  What a gift! Well, I can't very well sit back and do nothing.  This granny patch afghan will be my contribution to the silent auction.  I'm using bits and pieces left over from my Stylecraft DK 17 colour pack, plus other colors of Stylecraft I recently ordered.  

Details:  I'm making each square 4 rounds, and using a JAYG (Join As You Go) method of connecting the squares.  Right now, I'm putting 10 squares in a row, using random color sequencing.  I'm quite sure I'll end up adding on to that, perhaps doubling it at some point. We shall see how it goes! 


1 comment:

  1. That's for a great cause, and your granny square afghan will make someone very happy :) It looks so pretty and colourful.

    ReplyDelete