Friday, April 26, 2013

Poor, Neglected Kitty

I haven't worked on these squares lately, but need to get back to them soon! There are still eighteen Hello Kitty squares here. Fourteen need faces, and then they will be done.  Total squares on the table - thirty!


On another note, check out my tutorial for JAYG - or joining squares as you go. I'm not using it on the kitties, as they are going to be donated to Love-Squared, mixed in with other squares, to make awesome blankets for homeless children here in Toledo.  

I did use JAYG on the granny patches blanket, which is now getting a border! FINALLY! I'll post a "ta-da" photo when it's done.  In the meantime, here's a picture of the work in progress...


See that nice, flat join? Yup, that's what you get with JAYG. It's also great for self-blocking, as it pulls the squares into shape.  If you haven't tried it - it's time to give it a go.  You won't be sorry!

3 comments:

  1. The Hello Kitty squares are adorable :) They will definately make a gorgeous blanket.
    Love your granny patch blanket too, the colours are great. I wish I could make something like that one day!!

    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! I think your Kitty squares are just the cutest!!! I love what you're doing with them too. xo ...Your granny blanket is so pretty. I'll have to try your JAYG technique because joining all the squares at the end makes me a little bonkers! Have a great week! :) Paulette

    ReplyDelete